Earlier this year, at the 2019 Imagine the Possibilities Gala, we raised over $338,000 through sponsorships, tickets, donations, the raffle and night-of auctions. In the evening’s Fund a Need Auction, gala guests bid on items needed by people in our care – from basic necessities to making dreams come true. Thanks to your generosity, we received over $40,000 to the Fund a Need Auction. Here are a few examples on how funds were used:
- More than 30 residents from the Recuperative Care Center received gift cards to purchase home goods and necessities for their own housing – some after being homeless for many years!
- Linens, pillows and hygiene products for new tenants in Bridgewell’s Affordable Housing program.
Dreams Come True
- Gift certificates for people in our services to celebrate personal milestones and birthdays – to do something fun like go to camp or the movies.
- Many people attended the North Shore Music Theatre and other recreational outings like the Stone Zoo.
- Steven, who lives in a Bridgewell home, attended his first Red Sox game at Fenway Park!
Health & Wellness
- Several Bridgewell residences received exercise equipment including treadmills and recumbent bikes. One residence received a scale that allows weight measurements while in a wheelchair.
- SMARTBoards, iPads and more have been purchased for many programs including residential and day programs. Additionally, the Recuperative Care Center received an AED Machine for emergencies.